Das Volks Vintage Volkswagen Gruppe

Long Island's source for the aircooled Volkswagen Hobby

69 baja

The place to document your restoration, or maintenance of your Vintage VW.
Forum rules
Please recycle your forum, and utilize the same chat for all projects related to a single vehicle.

We recommend a broad title such as your name, car year and model; such that it is applicable to whatever projects you tackle.

For issues related to a vehicle specific part, aftermarket accessories, or replacement parts please include the year, model, and application.

For engine related questions also include your engine size and configuration, along with any upgrades or modifications.

Re: 69 baja

Postby Raj » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am

Brown wrote:Did you get it aligned yet?

I have yet to find a reputable alignment shop that can do a non stock VW ( all of my vws). Until one is finally done with proper stance etc, I continue to do the alignment via jack stands and mason twine. So far so good..... no pulling on the road or abnormal wear on the tires.
Glenn wrote:I have to say, this "gruppe" is so much more than just a car club.

MrBreeze wrote:This is the DVG board. The threads flow as they flow.
Deal with it.
Raj

Postby brucerodz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 am

Not meaning to hijack your thread but, found this little tip for doing ball joints on another vw forum. May be of use later.
http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t7469-inst ... all-joints
I'm drinkin' TNT, smokin' dynamite
brucerodz

First Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 1976
Model: Beetle

Postby Raj » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:40 am

Dusting off the fleet after a long cold winter. After I sold that red thing, and popped the rebuilt 1641 in the baja for a year or so. Ran great and had no issues. Bc I cant leave well enough alone and bc Id prefer not leave that motor with its thing only exhaust and tin exposed to the elements, I swapped back in a 1600 dp.

Picked up a set of 4 lug centerline style rims for this, so I may ditch the steel baja style rims that are heavy and rusty. Need to tune the carb this weekend button it up, and add this back to the driver mix.
Glenn wrote:I have to say, this "gruppe" is so much more than just a car club.

MrBreeze wrote:This is the DVG board. The threads flow as they flow.
Deal with it.
Raj

Previous

Return to Garage Space